WildCard Network launched a new iPhone application this week. The iphone app is called “WildCard” and allows you to manage and use gift cards on your iPhone. The app is now available from the Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) iTunes store.
This is the second iPhone application that we have reviewed that is designed to allow you to manage your gift cards from your phone. The first was the Tango Card.
The holy grail of these apps? Make it so you don’t lose money on your gift card (these apps try to make it easy to track your balance so you don’t end up leaving money on the card … a concept known as “breakage”).
The Wildcard app offers a convenient and intuitive way to manage and gift on the iPhone. The Wildcard is free from the iTunes store.
Here are details from the Wildcard press release.
With Wildcard, you can buy, store, gift and use your favorite gift cards on the iPhone!
- Add your old plastic Gift Cards to Wildcard and never be without them.
- Check your balance or call customer service with just a tap.
- At the register? Double-tap to redeem via card’s barcode or the card number and PIN.
- Used all your gift cards? Need a quick gift? Buy new cards directly from your iPhone.
- Buy cards for friends and family or transfer your unused card balance to others.
- Wildcard is an eco-friendly solution without the plastic!
- Wildcard is safe. Your credit cards and gift cards are securely stored with 256-bit AES encryption.
Supported retailers at launch include 1-800-Flowers.com, American Airlines, Bass Pro Shops, BedandBreakfast.com, BikeShop.com, Cabela’s, Callaway Golf, Club Tee Time, Crutchfield, Lands’ End, Golfsmith, Great Spa Escapes, Papa John’s, Nike, REI, Travelocity Incentives, Wine.com, and Zappos.com. “We are thankful for the support of our inaugural gift card participants, and we will continue to add exciting new gift cards in the coming months,” said Rocky Rosenberg, VP of Business Development for Wildcard Network.
Check out the full press release here.
Download the app here.