As the new 2011 Holiday Season movie lineup begins, it looks to be plenty full of dramatic, funny and action-packed entertainment. With the ever increasing prices at the box office and the outrageous concession stand markups, now is a great time to lay out a pre-planned holiday budget that not only includes gifts, but entertainment as well. Choosing the right prepaid debit card can help.
Use your new prepaid debit card for admission to some of these upcoming hollywood releases this holiday season:
- J. Edgar – Starring Leonard DiCaprio and Naomi Watts. Directed by Clint Eastwood. 50 year reign of FBI director J. Edgar Hoover.
- Immortals – Starring Mickey Rourke. Action-adventure with promising 3-D special effects.
- Jack and Jill – Starring Adam Sandler, Al Pacino and Katie Holmes. Holiday comedy about twin brother and sister.
- Happy Feet Two – Animated comedy with voices of Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt.
- Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 – Vampire epic starring Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson.
- The Descendants – George Clooney stars in film about family coming to grips with a mother’s water-skiing accident.
- Arthur Christmas – Animated holiday film with voices of James McAvoy, Hugh Laurie and Bill Nighy.
- Hugo – Martin Scorsese’s first attempt at 3-D animation depicting a young orphan living in 1930’s Paris.
- The Muppets – Amy Adams and Jason Segal band together with muppets in Los Angeles.
- New Year’s Eve – Starring Robert DeNiro, Ashton Kutcher, Michelle Pfeiffer and Hilary Swank. Love and loss at New Years.
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy – Starring Gary Oldman and Colin Firth. MI6 agent searches for cold war double agent in 1970’s.
- Young Adult – Stars Charize Theron as an author who returns home.
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows – Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law reprise their roles of Sherlock and Dr. Watson.
- Carnage – Jodie Foster and Kate Winslet star as parents of sons involved in a school yard brawl.
- The Iron Lady – Starring Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher, former English Prime Minister.
- The Adventures of Tintin – Direct Steven Spielberg animated motion-capture adaptation of popular French books.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo – Starring Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara. Based on best-selling Stieg Larsson novel.
- War Horse – Spielberg once again adapts a novel about a World War I horse and his owners.
- We Bought a Zoo – Starring Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson. Family gets a new start by moving to a zoo.
There are resources for prepaid cards you can use to help you prepare and budget your holiday expenses. Many cards have multiple features including FREE activation fees, online account management, text alerts, fraud protection and even a rewards program. Recently, Western Union even offered free movie passes for many prepaid MasterCard customers. Whatever your plans are this holiday season, be safe and be prepared with a prepaid debit card.