GetDebit’s Assessment of the Discover Business Miles Rewards Card
- The 2 miles per dollar of spend on gas purchases is fairly unexceptional, especially with the travel/gas cap of $5,000 per year (after which point you only get 1 miles per dollar of spend). There are at least a couple of cards that offer 5 cents per dollar of spend on gas.
- Additionally, the 2 miles per dollar of spend on travel related purchases is outdone by more focused, higher rewarding cards.
Discover Business Miles Rewards Basics
- Earn unlimited rewards on all purchases. You earn 2 miles for every dollar you spend on your first $5,000 of combined gas and travel purchases each year.
- You also earn 1 mile on almost all other purchases, including gas and travel purchases above the $5,000 limit.
- Gas purchases are those made at merchants classified as gas stations (unclear if this includes auto repair or convenience stores built into gas stations-GetDebit looking into it).
- Travel purchases include hotels, airfare, car rentals, cruises, travel packages, tour operators.
- Warehouse purchases (warehouse clubs, discount stores and their affiliates) earn only 0.25 miles per dollar spent.
- Miles don’t expire; however, if your account is closed, or you fail to make the minimum payment for 2 months in a row, or if your account is inactive for 18 months, you will forfeit your miles.
Discover Business Miles Basic Fees
- Annual fee: none
- Foreign fee: None
- Grace period: at least 20 days