It takes only a couple of minutes to complete one easy form and have your payments credited to your READYDebit Prepaid Visa Card. Whether you are paid by an employer or receive payments from a government agency, there are several advantages to choosing direct deposit.
[ad#Google Adsense]Here are some of the advantages of using direct deposit with a READYDebit Visa card:
No more worrying about whether you are home when the mail arrives, or being on duty when checks are distributed. Because your funds are added automatically, you have the ability to withdraw them from wherever you are.
No more expensive fees for cashing your check. READYDebit does not charge for direct deposits. Services can charge you 3% or more of the face value of your check
No need to worry about cash or checks being lost or stolen. Mail can be delayed or misdirected. After receipt, checks can still be mislaid or even stolen. Carrying cash can also make you vulnerable to thieves.
You can save time with direct deposit. You no longer have to make trips to cash your check and then stand in line.
Using Direct Deposit of Government Payments to Load a READYDebit Card
To load government benefits to your READYDebit Prepaid Visa Card:
1) Go to https://www.readydebit.com/Direct-Deposit/GovBenefits.aspx.
2) Complete the form by entering your card number and the last four digits of your SSN.
3) Enter the verification code (the funny characters in the box at the bottom) and submit.
4) Print your form, now personalized with your information.
5) Call the agency issuing your benefits to tell them you wish to use direct deposit.
6) Provide the information from the form that they request.
7) Two helpful numbers are: Social Security – 1-800-772-1213 and VA – 1-800-827-1000.
Allow at least 1 pay cycle for direct deposit to go into effect.
Using Direct Deposit of Paychecks to Load a READYDebit Card
To load your payroll check to your READYDebit Prepaid Visa Card:
1) Even though most employers offer direct deposit, some do not. Check with yours first.
2) Go to https://www.readydebit.com/Direct-Deposit/.
3) Complete the form with your card number and the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
4) Submit to the READYDebit system.
5) Print out the personalized form.
6) Give your employer’s payroll department your completed form.
Allow 1-2 payroll periods for your direct deposit to go into effect.
Using Direct Deposit of Tax Refunds to Load a READYDebit Card
To load your tax refund to your READYDebit Card:
1) Locate the routing information for your READYDebit account.
2) If you do not know what these numbers are, go to https://www.readydebit.com/Direct-Deposit/.
3) Enter the information requested and submit the form.
4) Print the form and enter the information in the section of your return asking how you want to handle your refund.
5) The name on your READYDebit account must match the name of the taxpayer.
The exact length of time it will take to receive your refund will vary, but many taxpayers get their refund posted to their card within 8-14 of the date they e-filed.