Visa Gift Cards are prepaid debit gift cards with the Visa logo on them. Give a Visa Gift Card, and the recipient will be able to use the Visa Gift Card wherever the Visa logo is displayed (which is just about at every Merchant in the world!).
The Perfect Gift? The Visa Debit Gift Card!
The Visa Gift card is a prepaid card welcome everywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted. Visa Gift cards are loaded with a set amount of funds on the card and can be used for multiple purchases for as long as value remains on the card. It puts the power of choice in the hands of your friends and family.
How does a Visa Gift card work?
- The Visa Gift card is a “non-reloadable prepaid” card, meaning the initial value is set by the person who purchased the card. Additional funds cannot be added later.
- The Visa Gift card carries the Visa logo like any other Visa card, so it can be used at the millions of places that accept Visa cards.
- Like a credit card, when you are ready to pay, hand the card to the cashier and sign the purchase receipt.
- Most Visa Gift cards do not come with a PIN, therefore, you should not push DEBIT, if using a keypad. This will cause your transaction to be declined. Instead, press the CREDIT button and then sign the receipt.
- Each time you make a purchase, that amount is automatically deducted from the card balance. It is best to personally keep track of your balance, as most merchants will not be able to tell you.
- The card does not offer a line of credit like a credit card.
- If your gift card states Valid only in the United States on the front, the provider has issued a Domestic Use Only card. Although your gift card will not be accepted at locations outside of the United States, it is welcome at millions of locations within the U.S. where Visa cards are accepted.
Here’s how to get a Visa debit gift card. Click here, and browse through our HUGE selection of Visa debit gift cards. We are pretty sure you will find a style and message that suits your gift-giving needs. And if you can’t — you can create your own card!