The Mango MasterCard with Direct Deposit is a prepaid debit card that claims to be a new “fresh way to pay”. Their website represents a clean, “fresh” structure that definitely portrays that image. Understanding Mango MasterCard’s fees is simple and straightforward.
Review of the Mango MasterCard Prepaid Card (Direct Deposit)
The Mango MasterCard gives you instant access to your money with your prepaid debit MasterCard, through your mobile phone or on the Web 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Accessing your funds is easy with Mango and they’ve done an excellent job of simplifying the fee structure for this prepaid debit card. Here are a few features you enjoy with this card:
- FREE MasterCard Prepaid Card Signup & FREE Shipping
- FREE Direct Deposit + Get $20 Signup Bonus
- Earn High Savings Interest Rate!
- No fee Domestic Purchase/Signature Transactions
- Pay your Bills online
- Instant Virtual Card – Shop Online Today
- No Fee to Check Your Balance With a Text Message
- Wireless Alerts when your card is swiped
- Send and Receive Money Securely With Any Mobile Phone
- FREE Mango iPhone App (Download from iTunes Store)
- $0 Activation Fee
- $5 Monthly Fee – REIMBURSED when You Load at Least $500 Per Month
- No Hidden Fees / No Overdraft Fees
- FDIC Insured up to $250,000
- No Credit Check/ No Bank Account Required
- FREE Account Management – Over The Phone or Internet
- Investing Tools for your Goals
- Renters Insurance Available to Mango Cardholders
How We Rated the Mango MasterCard
Mango MasterCard Fee Examples
Want to know how much the Mango MasterCard might cost you to use in a typical month? We have crunched the numbers for you! We also show how Mango MasterCardstacks up against some common alternatives so you can see if you would save money using this card. Please remember -- cost should NOT be the only reason why you pick a card -- make sure to consider the card's features (some cards have more features than a typical bank account).
To see different scenarios, change the following variables.
Note: * Based on a U.S. Average check cashing rate of 4.54% (per the Brookings Institution),
**Using the Money Order fees from the U.S. Post Office (Some of the lowest available),
*** We assume that 1/2 of your in-store purchases will be made using your PIN,
****A LARGE portion of Americans experience at least 1 overdraft each Month. Also note that the Check Casher CANNOT buy items online, and must use cash for all purchases.
Fees Associated With The Mango MasterCard*
||ATM Balance Inquiry:||$0.50
The Mango MasterCard really does have a simple fee structure. There are very few "gotchas" in their terms. The biggest tip is to make sure you use direct deposit or otherwise load $500 each month -- you'll save $5 each month on fees as Mango will waive their monthly maintenance fee. One of the big features of the Mango Card is their mobile phone integration (called "YAP") which lets you send and receive money via SMS on your mobile phone ... for FREE. Mango also provides free customer service (with live humans to talk to!).
* Fees verified as of 10/26/2011. Check the Current Terms & Conditions for a list of all the fees.
** Some ATM operators may charge a fee for use of their ATMs in addition to this fee.
*** To use your Mango MasterCard in a "signature" transaction, select "Credit" when checking out at a brick and mortar merchant. Most internet transactions are automatically processed as "signature" transactions.
Mango MasterCard Card Options
What you see is what you get with Mango. There are no design or "feature" options. You get access to all the great features in the basic card package.
Here are GetDebit’s “Low Fee Tips” for this Card
The Mango prepaid MasterCard (like all financial products), has fees that can be avoided with careful use.
Tips for Using The Mango MasterCard Prepaid Card (Direct Deposit)