Debit Cards for Teens and Students
We’ve reviewed all of the best teen and student debit cards for you. First, let’s figure out why you may want to get a teen or student debit card. These types of cards are relatively new to the market. Teen and student debit cards are typically Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover cards that can be used anywhere these card brands are accepted.
The key feature of a teen or student debit card is that parents can control how and where the cards are used, as well as monitor how their teens use the cards. Parents set up the card, load money onto the card, and set up whatever parental controls are needed to make sure their teens use the cards responsibly.
Parents Love Them
- These cards are a great financial education tool as the cards help your teen learn budgeting through managing the prepaid amount on the card.
- Most teen and student debit cards have parental control with online tracking of purchases and spending limits, making it easy to address financial responsibility.
- These debit cards are safer than cash because if it’s lost or stolen, you are protected. You’ll pay nothing for unauthorized purchases.
- They provide peace of mind in case of emergencies, while your teen is traveling, away at school, or for everyday errands.
- These cards are a convenient alternative to running to the ATM every time your teen or student needs money.
Teens and Students Love Them Too!
- A student debit card gives your teen or college age student (or teen away from home at camp, boarding school, or just around town) the independence to make responsible purchases without having to borrow a credit card or carry lots of cash.
- The cards are flexible. Teens and students can use them almost anywhere (depending on how the parent sets up the controls).
- Teens like that these cards are smarter than cash because they allow teens to learn about financial responsibility and managing their own budget.
- Students love the security they provide — only your teen can use the card, and online account information is password protected.
- Your teen will always get the gift he or she wants — give the gift of cash by authorizing family or friends to put money on the teen card. It’s faster and safer than mailing a check or giving cash.
Here are two of our most popular Teen Debit Cards
Facecard Prepaid MasterCard for College Students
This is Facecard’s Teen Debit card. It’s pretty much the same as the regular prepaid debit Facecard, but in this review, we talk more about some of the great parental controls available in the Teen Debit card. A Teen Debit Facecard is a prepaid reloadable card that can be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted. Like the other Facecard, the teen debit Facecard is a great and inexpensive card. Read More
MYPLASH Visa Prepaid Cards
Here’s the deal: MYPLASH™ prepaid cards are just plain cool. MYPLASH is taking a different approach to prepaid cards — they are making cards that are fun and that let you express yourself. The cards come in dozens of great styles which feature the hottest music artists, athletes and brands. But MYPLASH’s approach doesn’t stop there — they’ve also packed the cards with tons of useful financial features and great rates. Any teen or parent considering a prepaid card has to consider the MYPLASH line of cards. Read More
Privacy and Terms
Best Prepaid Cards
Prepaid Visa Cards
Prepaid Discover Cards
Prepaid American Express Cards
Visa Gift Cards
Tax Refund Cards
Debit Card Rights
How to Get a Debit Card
Debit Card Fees
Gift Card Balance
Prepaid Card Calculator
Debit Card News
Prepaid Company Directory