Obopay, the Silicon Valley mobile money startup, has released an iPhone app that allows iPhone users to send and receive money from their phone.
The Obopay iPhone application is available for free from the Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) app store starting today.
The Obopay iPhone application will make it easy for users to quickly send and receive money (which is deposited or debited from the user’s bank account, credit card account, or prepaid debit card account).
Here’s how Obopay describes the Obopay iPhone application:
Now, iPhone users have a fully secure, proven and easy-to-use mobile payments service available at their fingertips. …
Obopay iPhone application features include:
- Send money to anyone with a US phone number
- Send money to your kids or anyone 13 years of age or older and track how they spend the money all from your iPhone
- View full transaction history from anywhere
- Receive money free of charge regardless of how many people send you money or how much money you receive
- Set up your account to automatically deposit the funds that you receive into your own bank account without having to manually intervene
- Request money from contacts
- Receive a Push Notification when you get a request for money
- Check the status of a request anytime, from anywhere
According to user feedback in the Apple App Store, the application seems to work well, with a rating (as of today) of “4+”. As one user put it:
I love this iPhone application. Finally an easy way for me to pay allowances, urgent funds, and track my childrens spending. I especially like the screen that has the account balances beside my children’s photos.
The Obopay iPhone Application seems like a step in the right direction – make it easy and convenient to send and receive money by mobile.