The AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard can replace any bank account. When you set up Direct Deposit of your pay or benefits check with your AccountNow MasterCard, you enjoy great savings. Check out this feature packed card right now.
Review of the AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit)
The folks at AccountNow understand banking. They’ve created the “bank account you carry in your wallet”. And best of all, they are offering 100% approval rates! That’s right, even if you are on ChexSystems’ list, and even if you have terrible credit, you can qualify for the amazing AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard card in seconds. Enrollment is simple, instant and guaranteed. There is no paperwork or lines, no security deposit, and one simple enrollment form. You can be banking again in seconds.
- Instant Guaranteed Approval* – no credit check, no security deposit
- $0 ACTIVATION FEE – when you load your card by direct deposit
- Free Direct Deposit – no more check cashing fees
- Free Online Bill Pay – no need for expensive money orders
- No Overdraft Fees – no minimum balance required
- Reloadable – $10,000 balance limit.
How We Rated the AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit)
AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit) Fee Examples
Want to know how much the AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit) might cost you to use in a typical month? We have crunched the numbers for you! We also show how AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit)stacks up against some common alternatives so you can see if you would save money using this card. Please remember -- cost should NOT be the only reason why you pick a card -- make sure to consider the card's features (some cards have more features than a typical bank account).
To see different scenarios, change the following variables.
Note: * Based on a U.S. Average check cashing rate of 4.54% (per the Brookings Institution),
**Using the Money Order fees from the U.S. Post Office (Some of the lowest available),
*** We assume that 1/2 of your in-store purchases will be made using your PIN,
****A LARGE portion of Americans experience at least 1 overdraft each Month. Also note that the Check Casher CANNOT buy items online, and must use cash for all purchases.
Fees Associated With The AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit)*
||ATM Balance Inquiry:||$1.00
AccountNow disclosures their fees well, but always review them carefully so you can determine if it is the right prepaid card for you. AccountNow prepaid MasterCard has no Activation Fee, free electronic Bill Pay and free signature and PIN purchases, which makes it an attractive card. And if you take advantage of direct deposit, then there is no monthly fee ($2500 minimum monthly deposit required)
* Fees verified as of 03/08/2011. Check the Current Terms & Conditions for a list of all the fees.
** Some ATM operators may charge a fee for use of their ATMs in addition to this fee.
*** To use your AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit) in a "signature" transaction, select "Credit" when checking out at a brick and mortar merchant. Most internet transactions are automatically processed as "signature" transactions.
AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit) Card Options
The AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard Debit Card with (Direct Deposit) is only available in Silver.
Here are GetDebit’s “Low Fee Tips” for this Card
Many prepaid cards, including the AccountNow prepaid MasterCard, have fees that can be avoided with careful use.
Here are a few tips to minimize your monthly fees and costs associated with this card.
- First reduce the number of ATM withdrawals you make. If you need $200 of cash for the week, take that whole amount in one withdrawal from the ATM (assuming you have enough funds in the account!). Don't withdraw $20 or $40 at a time (the fees add up FAST).
- Save paper. Don't order paper copies of your account statements. AccountNow (like many prepaid issuers) charge you extra to receive statements by mail. Why not save a tree and save yourself some money?
- Treat your card like a checkbook. Don't try to take money out when you don't have it (you won't get an overdraft charge, but you could get a "decline" transaction at an ATM).
- Avoid the need for special fees, like stop payments on bill pay transactions, or special customer service.
- ALWAYs use direct deposit (it's good for the planet since it reduces paper, it's good for you, and it's good for your bank account).
Tips for Using The AccountNow Prepaid MasterCard with (Direct Deposit)