A Facecard is a prepaid reloadable card that can be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted. Getting a Facecard is easy, not to mention VERY low cost (how’s that for cool?).
Review of the Facecard Prepaid MasterCard
Here’s what we like about the new Facecard MasterCard: The Facecard is one of the lowest cost card options in the marketplace today. We like the words “lowest cost”. But check this out — the card is still packed full of features. Here are a few.
- Instant Guaranteed Approval* – no credit check, no security deposit
- Free Direct Deposit – easy access to your funds
- Free Online Bill pay – no more mailing costly money orders.
- Free Money Transfers to other Facecard members – no more spending money on wire transfers.
- Ability to use anywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted, including ATMs.
- Receive Prewards, which are like coupons, put directly on your card.
Want to know how much the might cost you to use in a typical month? We have crunched the numbers for you! We also show how stacks up against some common alternatives so you can see if you would save money using this card. Please remember -- cost should NOT be the only reason why you pick a card -- make sure to consider the card's features (some cards have more features than a typical bank account).
To see different scenarios, change the following variables.
Note: * Based on a U.S. Average check cashing rate of 4.54% (per the Brookings Institution),
**Using the Money Order fees from the U.S. Post Office (Some of the lowest available),
*** We assume that 1/2 of your in-store purchases will be made using your PIN,
****A LARGE portion of Americans experience at least 1 overdraft each Month. Also note that the Check Casher CANNOT buy items online, and must use cash for all purchases.
Fees Associated With The *
||ATM Balance Inquiry:||$
* Fees verified as of . Check the Current Terms & Conditions for a list of all the fees.
** Some ATM operators may charge a fee for use of their ATMs in addition to this fee.
*** To use your in a "signature" transaction, select "Credit" when checking out at a brick and mortar merchant. Most internet transactions are automatically processed as "signature" transactions.
Here are GetDebit’s “Low Fee Tips” for this Card
Tips for Using The Facecard Prepaid MasterCard