The Mango MasterCard prepaid debit card offers a fresh way to manage money. We love the simplicity and easy maneuverability of the Mango website. When you use the Mango MasterCard, most of the financial tasks you perform have no fee associated with them – and the fees that are charged are just a few and disclosed well!. There are also a ton of extra features and benefits included with the Mango prepaid MasterCard that you just don’t get with many prepaid cards out there.
Review of the Mango MasterCard Prepaid Card
The Mango MasterCard gives you instant access to your money through your mobile device or online 24/7. You also don’t have to wait a week to get your card in the mail so you can use it – you get an INSTANT virtual card when you sign up online. If you take advantage of direct deposit or cash load $500 a month on the card, you can get the standard $5 monthly fee reimbursed. Check out this list of awesome features you receive when signing up for the Mango prepaid debit card:
- FREE MasterCard Prepaid Card Signup & FREE Shipping
- FREE Direct Deposit + Get $20 Signup Bonus
- Earn High Savings Interest Rate!
- No fee Domestic Purchase/Signature Transactions
- Pay your Bills online
- Instant Virtual Card – Shop Online Today
- No Fee to Check Your Balance With a Text Message
- Wireless Alerts when your card is swiped
- Send and Receive Money Securely With Any Mobile Phone
- FREE Mango iPhone App (Download from iTunes Store)
- $0 Activation Fee
- $5 Monthly Fee – REIMBURSED when You Load at Least $500 Per Month
- No Hidden Fees / No Overdraft Fees
- FDIC Insured up to $250,000
- No Credit Check/ No Bank Account Required
- FREE Account Management – Over The Phone or Internet
- Investing Tools for your Goals
- Renters Insurance Available to Mango Cardholders
How We Rated the Mango MasterCard
Mango MasterCard Fee Examples
Want to know how much the Mango MasterCard might cost you to use in a typical month? We have crunched the numbers for you! We also show how Mango MasterCardstacks up against some common alternatives so you can see if you would save money using this card. Please remember -- cost should NOT be the only reason why you pick a card -- make sure to consider the card's features (some cards have more features than a typical bank account).
To see different scenarios, change the following variables.
Note: * Based on a U.S. Average check cashing rate of 4.54% (per the Brookings Institution),
**Using the Money Order fees from the U.S. Post Office (Some of the lowest available),
*** We assume that 1/2 of your in-store purchases will be made using your PIN,
****A LARGE portion of Americans experience at least 1 overdraft each Month. Also note that the Check Casher CANNOT buy items online, and must use cash for all purchases.
Fees Associated With The Mango MasterCard*
||ATM Balance Inquiry:||$0.50
The Mango MasterCard really does have a simple fee structure. There are very few "gotchas" in their terms. Their competitive $5 per month maintenance fee covers all Point of Sale transaction fees, you just need to watch your trips to the ATM. If you want to save even more, direct deposit or load a minimum of $500 each month onto the card and the $5 monthly fee will be waived. One of the big features of the Mango Card is their mobile phone integration (called "YAP") which lets you send and receive money via SMS on your mobile phone ... for FREE. Mango also provides free customer service (with live humans to talk to!).
* Fees verified as of 10/26/2011. Check the Current Terms & Conditions for a list of all the fees.
** Some ATM operators may charge a fee for use of their ATMs in addition to this fee.
*** To use your Mango MasterCard in a "signature" transaction, select "Credit" when checking out at a brick and mortar merchant. Most internet transactions are automatically processed as "signature" transactions.
Mango MasterCard Card Options
There are no design or "feature" options. You get access to all the great features in the basic card package. What you see is what you get with Mango.
Here are GetDebit’s “Low Fee Tips” for this Card
The Mango prepaid MasterCard (like all financial products), has fees that can be avoided with careful use.
Here are a few tips to minimize your monthly fees and costs associated with the Mango MasterCard
- First reduce the number of ATM withdrawals you make. If you need a few hundred dollars in cash for the week, take that whole amount in one withdrawal from the ATM (assuming you have enough funds in the account!). Don't withdraw $20 or $40 at a time (the fees add up FAST).
- Treat your card like a checkbook. Don't try to take money out when you don't have it (you won't get an overdraft charge, but you could get a ""decline"" transaction at an ATM).
- You really should use direct deposit if you can. Ask your employer (they should be able to set it up for you). Direct deposit is great. It reduces paper waste, and you get access to your pay much faster than waiting for a paycheck to cash.
Tips for Using The Mango MasterCard Prepaid Card